Founded in 1989 with only nine members, CARILEC is the association electric utilities, manufacturers, suppliers and stakeholders in the Caribbean Region, the association now extends to South and Central Americans.
CARILEC members are entitled to the broad following benefits:
- Attend CARILEC’s Annual General Meeting .
- Participate at a reduced rate in CARILEC’s general conferences. These conferences provide exposure to the Caribbean electric utilities and exceptional networking and marketing prospects through sponsorship and speaking slots.
- Receive copies of general surveys, reports and publications at a reduced rate.
- Advertise in CARILEC publications and on the website at reduced rates.
- Receive a free listing in CARILEC’s Membership Directory.
- Participate in the selection of a representative on CARILEC’s Board of Directors.
- Have opportunities to contribute and be printed in CARILEC’s Industry Journal, as well as CARILEC supported publications.
- Free access to CARILEC’s website and some databases.
- Become a CARILEC Trainer or workshop facilitator on trending topics
- Voting rights only through their elected representative at the Annual General Meeting.
- Secure special or VIP conference privileges.
- Receive a full copy of Conference and Training Proceedings. (must be a registered participant)
Regardless of the global economic and financial market situation, CARILEC remains dedicated to its stakeholders and members, and continues to take the lead in advocating for eloquent modification in the electric utility industry in the Caribbean, South & Central Americas.
The CARILEC Secretariat has established a new Strategic Plan that which outlines the course to understanding the essential deviations and address some serious industry issues. It will efficiently engage stakeholders and members to increase the region’s capacity building program and knowledge sharing network, and follow the sustainable development of the Caribbean, South & Central American electric utility industry in general.
Currently with 35 full members, 67 associate members and 5 affiliate members; the Caribbean Community will forge some kind of collaboration among its Member States to develop an energy package that is bound to put the Caribbean’s power sector on course for the 21st Century. CARILEC hopes to become a major player in this initiative.
Comment or Queries? Submit Here